Web Spiders (also referred as “WS”) is committed to being a responsible custodian of the information you provide to us and the information we collect in the course of operating our business.
- The types of information we may collect
- How we use the information we collect
- How we may share the information we collect
- How we store and protect the information we collect
- Access to your information and updating and correcting your Information
- Non disclosure
- Third-party services and content
- Sale of business
- How to contact us
1. The types of information we collect
We collect your personal information when you provide it to us. “Personal information” is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you as an individual. We may automatically collect certain information when you use, access, or interact with our Online Services. We may also collect information from other sources, such as social media platforms that may share information about how you interact with our social media content.
A) Personal data you provide to us
When using our Online Services, you may provide us with personal data. Personal data includes all personally identifiable information (“PII”) and data that directly or indirectly identifies you such as your name, email address, phone number and location data. You control how much information you provide through our Online Services (example product Apps) .
To use our Online Services (example product Apps) , you must provide an email and username, and you will set a password. If you did not submit this information yourself, we have received this information from the Licensee (event organiser, recruiter, or any Licensor of our product/ Online Services across any industry) to invite you to use the Apps and to pre-populate certain fields in the Apps. An App Provider may request additional information about you beyond a user name and email address. It is up to you how much additional personal information you share with us, the Licensor, and the other users of the Online Services (example App). When using the Online Services you may choose to create social profiles that display your name, job title, company, links to your social profiles (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) and activity. In addition to the above, you may contribute through chats, posts, responses/ answers, comments, surveys, messages, poll responses, photos, videos and any other App-related functions or features that may be available to you. Please do not include personal information in your chats, posts, responses/ answers, photos, videos, comments, likes, surveys, messages, or poll responses. If you are an event organizer, you may also provide us with conference agendas, customer lists, exhibitor lists, and other information.
B) Personal data we collect through your use of our Online Services
We collect limited personal data from you through your use of our Online services (Apps or Website). The only data we actively collect from you beyond that which you choose to provide are your IP address, browser software, operating system, UUID/ device ID and Location info, and the time and date on which you visited the Apps or Website. In addition, we may also track your usage of the Apps for statistical and research purposes by means of cookies or usage pattern.
C) Analytics information
We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Online Services. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Online Services including the time you spent per visit, the features used and other information that assists us in improving the Online Services.
D) Log Files Information
Log file information is automatically reported by your device or computer every time you visit the Online Service.
When you use our Online Services, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your download request, the time spent on the usage, the features used and other such information. The information allows us to understand the usage better and identify areas of improvement.
E) Device identifiers
When you use your phone to use the Online Services, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by the Online Services.
A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Online Services and may help us or others provide reports or personalised content and ads. Some features of the Bot may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
Information you provide to us
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us, including when you communicate with us via email or other channels; when you sign up for or request other materials from us; when you submit an application for a position with us; when you sign up for a demo or trial of our products; and when you respond to our communications or requests for information. The information you provide may include your name, contact information, title, and information about the organisation with which you are affiliated.
Information we may collect automatically through cookies and similar technologies
Information we may collect from third party sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, including third parties that help us: update, expand, and analyse our records; identify new customers; or prevent or detect fraud. We may also receive information about you from social media platforms, including but not limited to, when you interact with us on those platforms or access our social media content. Please note that the information we may receive is governed by the privacy settings, policies, and/or procedures of the applicable social media or third party platform, and we encourage you to review them before interacting with those platforms.
2. How we use the information we collect
We may use the information we collect:
- To respond to your enquiries;
- To operate and improve the Online Services;
- To send you newsletters and other updates on the services we provide, marketing communications, and other information or materials that may be of interest you or which you have expressed an interest in receiving;
- To maintain our list of contacts;
- To understand how people use our Online Services, including by generating and analysing statistics;
- For our business purposes, including data analysis;
- To assess the effectiveness of our events, promotional campaigns and publications;
- To evaluate, recruit and hire personnel;
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- Provide personalised content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Bot
- Develop and test new products and features
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- Diagnose or fix technology problems; and
- As we believe reasonably necessary or appropriate to: comply with our legal obligations; respond to legal process or requests for information issued by government authorities or other third parties; or protect your, our, or others’ rights;
Web Spiders is a global provider of full stack digital media services and products . Our offices and business entities share information with each other for business purposes promoting our events and services, and providing you or your organisation with services and licensed products.
We may also disclose information we collect:
- To third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as web-hosting companies, mailing vendors, analytics providers, event hosting services and information technology providers.
- To law enforcement, other government authorities, or third parties (within or outside the jurisdiction in which you reside) as may be permitted or required by the laws of any jurisdiction that may apply to us; as provided for under contract; or as we deem reasonably necessary to provide our services. In these circumstances, we take reasonable efforts to notify you before we disclose information that may reasonably identify you or your organisation, unless prior notice is prohibited by applicable law or is not possible or reasonable in the circumstances.
- Employees of WS may be given access to any information which we collect via our Online Services, but their use shall be limited to the performance of their duties and in line with the reason for processing. Our employees are required to keep that information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purposes other than to enable you to use the Online Services or to deal with requests which you submit to us.
Grounds for using your personal information
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information, namely:
- Performance of a contract – We may need to collect and use your personal information to enter into a contract with you or to perform a contract that you have with us. For example, when you use our Online Services we will use your personal information to respond to your requests and provide you with such services.
- Customers of WS may electronically submit data or information to the Company’s Services (“Customer Data”).
- WS will not review, share, distribute, or reference any such Customer Data except as provided in WS’ Master Subscription Agreement, or as may be required by law. In accordance with WS’ Master Subscription Agreement, WS may access Customer Data only for the purposes of providing the services, preventing or addressing service or technical problems, at a Customer’s request in connection with customer support matters, or as may be required by law.
- WS acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. If personal information pertaining to you as an individual has been submitted to us by a WS customer and you wish to exercise any rights you may have to access, correct, amend, or delete such data, please inquire with our customer directly. Because WS personnel have limited ability to access data our customers submit to our Services, if you wish to make your request directly to WS, please provide the name of the WS customer who submitted your data to our Services. We will refer your request to that customer, and will support them as needed in responding to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
4. How we store and protect the information we collect
We have in place administrative and technical safeguards designed to safeguard the information that we collect. This includes (when required or appropriate) obtaining written assurances from third parties that may access your data that they will protect the data with safeguards designed to provide a level of protection equivalent to that adopted by Web Spiders.
However, no information system can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and any wireless networks.
The Online Services are operated by Web Spiders and often use 3rd party providers to store such information such as Amazon AWS, MS Azure, Google Cloud etc. We may store the information we collect in countries where we operate local offices or in other countries where we or our service providers have facilities. We may transfer information to countries outside of your country of residence which may have data protection laws and regulations that differ from those in your country.
We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password or identification e.g. Facebook login) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, WS cannot ensure the security of Online Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and WS, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to WS, make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organisation.
5. Access to your information and updating and correcting your information
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can let us know by sending us an email via our Contact Us page. The electronic marketing communications we send you also contain opt-out mechanisms that allow you to opt-out from receiving those communications at any time. We will honour your choice and refrain from sending you such announcements. You may also opt back in to receive those communications at any time.
Subject to local law, you may have certain rights regarding information that we have collected and that is related to you. We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if you believe that any information that we have collected about you is inaccurate or out of date. You can also ask us to see what personal information we hold about you, to erase your personal information and you may tell us if you object to our use of your personal information. In some jurisdictions, you may have a right to complain to your local data protection authority. If you would like to discuss or exercise the rights you may have, please send us a message by emailing us at [email protected] or via our Contact Us page.
Web Spiders here refers to the legal entity Web Spiders (India) Pvt. Ltd and subject to Laws of India
6. Non disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Bot, conducting our business, or servicing you, as long as these parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect ours and others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
7. Third-party services and content
We engage third parties that support the operation of our Online Services, such as analytics providers. These third parties may use technologies to track your online activities over time and across different websites and online platforms. Please see our Cookies Policy for more information.
8. Sale of business
If WS’s business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
10. Contact us
We welcome your enquiries and comments. But please note that if you are not a client, we may not be able to treat the information you send us as confidential or privileged. If you wish to contact us regarding our services, please contact one of our offices near you. You can find a list of our offices on our main website at www.webspiders.com
If you would like to contact us with questions about our privacy or data protection practices, please send us a message by emailing us at [email protected] or via our Contact Us page.